I either lost my trial or pleaded guilty in federal court, but i am not satisfied with the outcome. Is there anything i can do?

Following a trial or plea, you may appeal your case to the United States Court of Appeals provided you file a Notice of Appeal within ten days of the judgment. Also, be sure that as part of a plea agreement, you did not waive your right to appeal. If you lose an appeal in the Court of Appeals, you can then ask the United States Supreme Court to consider your case. The United States Supreme Court picks and chooses the cases it will hear and, as a result, it hears only those cases raising issues that might have an effect on many different cases. After losing an appeal, you can file a post-conviction petition for a Writ for Habeas Corpus if you believe you were denied a constitutional right or if you believe your lawyer was ineffective. Finally, keep in mind, that there are strict deadlines for filing petitions in federal court and you should consult with an experienced lawyer regarding these deadlines.

Phone Numbers

Office: (214) 538-6629

Office Location

4015 Main Street, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75226
Phone: (214) 538-6629
HTML Sitemap